Position – Material Quote Engineer
Company – Flex
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
The Material Quote Engineer will be based in Chennai.
Description: The key responsibilities of for this position includes; prepare the quote based on the 2d/3d drawing and information provided by the customer, creation of costing for plastic & metal components/ tooling cost using Flex costing methodology in supporting the business bidding process.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you will do:
- Responsibility to prepare the quote based on the 2d/3d drawing and information provided by the customer.
- Responsible for creation of costing for plastic & metal components/ tooling cost using Flex costing methodology in supporting the business bidding process.
- Provide recommendation and costing assumptions if there is insufficient information provided by customer.
- Proactively involve in providing suggestion to make the materials solution more cost compelling and that includes Value Engineering Proposals.
- Create engineering data, tooling configuration in considering of tooling capacity and throughput time base on annual volume provided by customer.
- Optimize tooling NRE vs part cost to provide best mechanical solution for the business needs
- Provide recommendation on type of tooling used and their tool life expectation to fulfil the product life cycle requirements
- Provide professional advice on the regional pricing, tier pricing in assisting SSCM to make regional supply chain recommendations.
- The role also includes sending RFQ to supplier if required
- Track quote progress and provide timely updates to MQM on the quote status and issues.
- Review and scrub overall Mechanical costed BOM and ensure pricing is accurate and competitive before submitting to our internal customers
- Maintain accurate quote records in Quote Win as to provide consistent quote related information feedback to flex suppliers in a timely manner.
- Constantly upgrade the working knowledge of materials, technology, fabrication processes and supplier capabilities to support a cost competitive & compelling supply chain strategy on every quote proposal.
- Ensure all confidential information is handled appropriately and supplier are on NDA before sending any RFQ to suppliers.
- Source Mechanical supplier base in India especially for Plastics and Metal commodities
- Understand various type of 2nd process available example, ultrasonic welding, painting, heat stacking, powder coating, MIG/TIG welding, etc … and the cost model for this type of processes
Here is some of what you will need (required):
- Demonstrated understanding of effective supply chain management in a manufacturing environment (preferably in mechanical manufacturing).
- Demonstrated success in supplier relationship management. This experience must include experience in interacting with external suppliers on a direct “person to person” basis.
- Demonstrated experience in non-confrontational issue resolution with customers (both internal and external).
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills in achieving favorable cost and service provisions.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated and able to effectively achieve results in a largely autonomous work environment.
- Ability to influence and successfully lead in a fast-paced, matrix-reporting, multi-cultural environment.
- Candidate must be fluent in writing, speaking and understanding English.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, mechanical engineering, manufacturing, or a related discipline.
- Exceptional program management skills having managed multiple, complex programs simultaneously with respect to order schedule adherence, cost, and inventory.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in one or more disciplines of supply chain management and operations related to mechanical assemblies or commodities. Such disciplines include commodity management, sourcing, initial purchasing, materials management, manufacturing, assembly & test, logistics, or another related area.
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Health Insurance
Global Procurement & Supply ChainFlex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected] Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact: Global Data Privacy Officer: Email Address: [email protected]