Position – Design Engineer
Company – Epiroc Mining India Ltd
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Division – Technology and Digital Division (ETD)
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. With cutting-edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment, and provides world-class service and consumables. It is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and has its manufacturing facilities in Sweden, United States, Canada, Australia, China, India, Japan and Germany
- Coordinate within Drilling R&D team for New Product Development projects, Production and Field issues
- Preparation of 2D drawings and 3D models as required
- Performing or checking and approving design calculations as required
- Performing or checking BOM changes and ECNs
- Value addition and suggestions for improvements as applicable
- Interaction with customers and suppliers as needed
- Visit mines as needed.
- Following the design procedures, instructions and standards
- Performing internal reviews
- Onsite support during proto build and testing
- Project Management (1-2 projects):
- Receiving and studying the job
- Planning and tracking
- Closing the job after completion
- Analysing the customer feedback
- Reporting to the Manager\Project Leader in a timely and efficient manner
- Complying to company policies and follow company values and business code of practice
To provide value added design services for URE Drilling team . Will be responsible based on the project or task assigned to him\her including component\sub-system design, BOM changes\ECNs and managing projects ensuring quality, on time delivery in full and efficiency with an objective of achieving customer satisfaction according to the set procedures and guidelines as applicable complying to all the required company policies and values.
- BE / BTech – Mechanical/Automobile Engineering/Mechatronics
- Hands on Experience in Creo, Acad.
- Experience working on PLM systems
- 2-4 yrs. of experience – Mining / Earth moving equipment /off road vehicles
- Good knowledge on drilling Products
- Awareness on Hydraulic basic system and application
- Good knowledge on structures design and Engineering materials.
- Knowledge of design standards
- Modelling and detailing.
- Preparation & release of BOM and Engineering change management.
- Basic project management knowledge.
- Enthusiastic, positive minded and able to work well in an international client environment
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Self-starter and goal oriented
- Attention to details and strong sense of responsibility
- Team player – open-minded and flexible
This position is located in Bangalore, India.
In this recruitment process we review applications continuously. Welcome with your application as soon as possible, but no later than July 20, 2021.
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com