Position – Design Engineers – Compressor Technique Service Division (CTS GECIA) 1
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
The main responsibilities of the Design Engineer for Compressor Technique Service (CTS) Team in GECIA would be:
- To resolve the Engineering change requests from the field, purchasing, marketing and the concern CTS teams and give the Technical proposals to the Engineering calls.
- To create the Bill of Material and prepare the Schematic drawings of the proposal of the engineering changes.
- To create the retro-fitment kits for the field change such as Motor Exchange, Fan Exchanges etc. time to time as per the changes in the regulations in the respective countries.
- To execute the technical proposal after receipt of the order or the confirmation from the suppliers or customers and provide the schematic and as built drawings and creating final Bill of Material.
- To work on the kits and spares creations for the various kits to be supplied in the market by the CTS service team.
- To ensure the timely delivery of the high quality designs and drawings in the field of Compressors / Vacuum pump products manufactured at different divisions of Atlas Copco around the world.
- You will be working at the Global Engineering Centre of Atlas Copco in the Mechanical Design Team of CTS and work independently on following:
- To take the ownership of the projects / Engineering calls assigned to you till they are resolved.
- To work on finalizing the output drawings / layout of the assigned project.
- To ensure and prepare design of the parts as per the scope requirement.
- Produce and check the 3D assembly and 2D drawings.
- You will handle Projects / Engineering Calls for design tasks and interact with project leaders and customers to present & discuss the proposed designs.
You will report to the Project leader – Mechanical Design – CTS GECIA
What you can expect from us?
- A work culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behaviour and integrity.
- Access to Global Job Opportunities as a part of Atlas Copco Group
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact
- New challenges and new learnings
What we expect of you?
BE in Mechanical / Production Engineering having with 4 to 5 years’ of field experience of servicing of Compressors / Vacuum Pumps or similar products.
- Knowledge of servicing of Compressors and Vacuum pumps
- Proficient with Auto Cad (2D / Isometric) and Inventor 3D and 2D.
- Knowledge of Design Application skills, proven experience in mechanical design & drafting.
- Design of Skid packages for compressor would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of standards used in Oil, GAS and Process industries
- BE / B Tech Degree in Engineering ( Mechanical/Production)
You will be a creative person who takes initiatives to understand and deliver output at the highest quality in specified time. You will be a committed team player and have good communication skills in English. You should have good problem solving skills.
City – Pune
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.