Position – Purchase Engineer – MEA
Company – Emerson
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Designation / Role Name : Purchase Engineer
Years of Exp : 2 Years
The Purchasing engineer supports in sourcing of materials from the approved
supply base. The purchasing engineer is accountable to ensure all material are
delivered to the factory in line with the operational strategy in effect and ensure
positive impact on Cost Savings, ITO and Service Levels.
C omply Emerson safety standards.
- E nsure the safety of himself and his colleagues at work or during business trips
- Raises any safety topics in daily production meeting
- Applies procedures which are described in QA Manual.
- Makes sure, Final product is fully in line with write up, prior to completion.
- Coordinate purchase orders from factory to external suppliers and Inter-co
(internal), including update as needed (re-schedules) and date management in
Mash/Oracle per given guidelines
- Ensures to support technical requirements or terms of the PO as per factory
needs or to the best Leadtime that can be given by supplier if not possible.
- Communica$on of periodic performance reports to key suppliers, along with
facilitation of regular conference calls.
- Clear communication of business needs and requests to suppliers, to influence
and motivate suppliers to support set objectives. Completion of weekly
milestone reviews to supplier and update the system with late deliveries and
- Review and update of parameters of assigned parts (1-Code) with lead times,
safety stocks, supplier with-in given time line. Expedite on a regular basis to
ensure on-time delivery per business needs.
- Conduct purchasing in support of inventory management goals and activities
- Reviews proper terms and conditions and ensure compliance to Fisher
procedures and trade compliance for new supplier set-up
- Ensure a competetive and technically competent supply base, to meet quality,
delivery, service and cost objectives
- Any other duty assigned by the management
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- Mechanical Engineer is desired
- 2 years exp in Control valve industry or in a purchasing department in manufacturing industry.