Baker Hughes is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
Mechanical Component Engineer
Would you enjoy designing innovative energy products?
Are you excited by the prospect of working for industry leader in Energy Technology?
Join our cutting-edge Engineering team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion an entrepreneurial culture to unlock full our potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
As a Mechanical Component Engineer, you will be responsible for activities contributing to the design and development of Steam Turbine components, solutions and systems including the activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. In-depth understanding of FEA methodology and engineering tools like Ansys, along with design fundamentals in Steam Turbine design and Analysis will be preferred.
As a Mechanical Component Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Performing the conceptual design of new flow path components.
- Conducting the trade-off analysis of the possible design solutions, generating 3D models and performing basic mechanical and performance analysis of the chosen solution.
- Working together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
- Performing the mechanical integrity and performance assessment of existing and new flow path components: analyzing the functionality, life and performance of turbine components.
- Performing the flow path design of non-standard customer projects.
- Performing FE Analysis of existing and new flow path components.
- Executing design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles, adhering to business standards.
- Delivering products as part of a team & Working with cross functional teams.
- Leading analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Master’s in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college with 1 to 4 yrs of Industrial experience.
- Have hands on experience in FEA tool e.g. Ansys
- Have knowledge of Steam turbine components design and analysis will be preferred.
- Be a self driven individual with proven problem-solving capability.
- Be able to demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Currently remote onboarding post pandemic requires approval from manager
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
About Us:With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us:Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.