Position – Engineer – Design – KGV
Company – Emerson
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Engineer – Design – KGV
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Job Function: Engineering
Job Posting Date: Mar 2, 2022, 2:57:33 AM
Highlight Top / Key Responsibilities for this position
- Work within engineering team to aid in concept designs & develop final design for NPD & VA/VE programs.
- Undertake calculations and preparation of design records to verify mechanical design of valves and accessories.
- Preparation of design documentation for Design Reviews.
- Work closely with manufacturing teams and suppliers to conduct Design for Manufacturing (DFM) considerations.
- Preparation of submissions for Product Certifications applicable to valve industry.
- Create / Review 3D part & assembly models, 2D manufacturing drawings, engineering BoMs.
- Support sales & marketing literature, technical documentation incl. IOMs , TDS and Technical Bulletin.
Desired Educational Qualification
- Bachelor’s Mechanical Engineering Degree or related Engineering
- Design for Six sigma will be an added advantage.
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required
- Sound mechanical engineering skills
- Proficient in engineering CAD, PLM tools preferably Solid works, Inventor, Autodesk Vault, Solid works PDM Pro etc.
- Strong mechanical engineering design fundamentals (static mechanics), Experience in valve domain will addon Benefits
- Proven experience on new product designs, development and engineering calculations
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes, materials used in General mechanical industry
- Thoroughness in documentation, attention to detail
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal) and effectively communicate with Local, Global & cross-functional teams.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world’s most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.