Position – R&D Engineer – Mechanical
Company – Hitachi Energy
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
You as R&D Engineer – Mechanical will be part of Hitachi Energy business-based Bangalore, you will be responsible for our growing R&D team.
- Technology direction: Understands the key business drivers for Hitachi Energy in order to make judgments and contribute to results.
- Innovation and creativity : Contributes to R&D projects with own, creative ideas in mechanical design.
- Projects, processes and tools: As a R&D project member and contributor, ensures alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality).
- Tools/activities: make vs buy analysis, technical specifications and supplier’s evaluation, solution cost optimization.
- R&D context : Understands what creates customer value in own R&D projects and project portfolio of own organization and works to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests.
- Knowledge transfer: Participates constructively in working teams. Shares own technical knowledge in own projects and supports colleagues applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high-quality results.
- Demonstrates solid technical proficiency in design/construction area by performing a variety of engineering assignments, in research and development (R&D) projects
- Demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions
- Experience in mechanical detailed design, starting from 3D modelling to production drawings
- Experience with electro-mechanical integration and prior experience with EV charging infrastructure are a plus
- Experience with design-for-manufacturing (DFM) of sheet metal construction busbars and cables for high current applications welded and bolted structures
- Works independently to create Bill of Materials, find cost saving solutions, optimize the solution with suppliers, designs of electrical panels, assemblies, sheet metal etc, as well as system integration
- Is able to execute structural calculations, as well as thermal design
- Solid Edge, SAP, MS Visio, MS Excel.
- Interfacing with suppliers, and stakeholders to find optimal balance between performance and cost
- Proficiency in English, speaking and writing
More about us
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation