Emerson is hiring | Application Engineer |
Position – Application Engineer – MEA Natural Gas skids – PRM
Company – Emerson
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Designation / Role Name: Application Engineer, Natural Gas skids
Years of Experience to be hired: 1-3 years
- Size and selects best Emerson solution using proprietary sizing software or as per international standards
- Produce formal quotations for customers based on best Emerson solution utilizing price books or quotations from intercompany factories or 3rd party suppliers
- Field general questions about PRM products and services.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure that the quote has been received, answer any technical/commercial clarifications, and identify when an order may be placed.
- Ensure resultant purchase orders are clean and in line with quotation and agreed terms and conditions
- Work in a timely, accurate, and proactive manner with a focus on customer service levels (i.e. meeting bid submission deadlines and turnaround time metrics)
- Continue to enhance her/his knowledge of PRM products, applications and industries.
- Works collaboratively with the team as necessary and focuses on meeting monthly/yearly budget targets
- Supports Price Agreement offer preparation as and when required
- Understand Customer and Project requirements as found on the Customer request for quote and tender package for skid solutions.
- Generate skid sizing calculations, GA drawings, P&ID’s and other technical documentation required to bid
- Align Customer and Project specifications with Emerson NG pressure reducing skid capabilities preparing exception lists and addendums
- Prepare tender packs for Supply Chain Management to issue to 3rd party suppliers e.g. Filters, Heaters, Fabrication, Valves. Technically valuate and help drive compliant offers for consideration in overall skid costing
- Directly work with PRM and other business units for Emerson product as appropriate e.g. Regulators, PRV, Valves, Flow Computers, Meters, Transmitters
- Prepare overall costing sheet to review with PMO team prior to DOA request
- Calculate appropriate lead-times based on all factors (engineering, procurement, product delivery, assembly, delivery) identifying the critical path and including suitable ‘float’
- Establish standard bid templates and databases of suppliers/pricing
- Ensure quotes are submitted on time and service levels are accurately monitored using CRM
- Proactively reply to customer clarifications in a timely manner
- Facilitate review and booking of clean customer PO’s followed by formal handover to PMO team for execution
- Support change order requests as and when applicable
- Always works within the PRM DOA and follows Emerson procedures (Ethics, ITC etc.)
- Minimum requirement: Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Instrumentation, or Chemical. Prior experience with NG skids quotation will be an added advantage
- Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders in a project
- Basic knowledge of valves and their working principles
- Ability to analyze issues and provide solutions that are technically proficient and on time