Position – Product Engineer
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
The NPI group work with R&D teams to bring their concepts all the way through to volume manufacturing. Closely aligning all stakeholders to achieve the best product, with greater product efficiencies is the ultimate goal of each transfer project. The transfer process is an ideal window in which to achieve these efficiencies by undertaking DFM, process optimization, sustaining engineering, process automation, supply chain optimization and the application of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
We are looking for an individual who can work with our engineering teams to streamline our documentation systems, streamline part, item and bom creation. Develop clear concise procedures to ensure engineers provide accurate data to drive efficient planning and financial processes.
- Support engineers through the Item, BOM and Routing process.
- Improve procedures for item, BOM and Routing, explain the data required to enable engineers quickly populate the data required for each new product.
- Train NPD engineers to the improve procedures.
- Develop process for updating item data as a new product progresses from prototype to high volume manufacturing. Connect in each function, quality, supply chain, engineering to ensure we maximise our efficiency when planning new products as they ramp.
- Train NPD engineers and Tech in process of adding the planning strategies to products as they evolve.
- Support engineers through the process of generating change plans.
- Improve the procedures for creating change plans for new product, standardising and simplifying where possible.
- Train NPD engineers and Tech’s on the improved procedures.
Candidate Desired Profile:
- Experience of Creganna’s Manufacturing, ERP, Supply Chain and Quality systems is very desirable.
- We are looking for 1 – 3 years with BE Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of Medical Devices or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
EOE, Including Disability/Vets