Position – Mechanical Design Engineer-NPI
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Mechanical Design Engineer NPI based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Primary responsibility of this role is developing and designing new products that will penetrate the national and international markets.
- It also requires to have strong communication skills, drive, strong engineering acumen with enthusiasm in the product design arena.
- Work in multiple programs/projects related to new product development (NPD)
- Work in a cross functional/ multi-disciplinary team in making technology/ engineering decisions required for project execution.
- Own end to end mechanical product design and development including product conceptualization, detailing,design validation & testing of products.
- Develop and understand product requirements, perform conceptual design and complete system/component modelling.
- Design, validate and release systems, sub-systems and components independently in SAP.
- Create CAD models and drawings of components/ Assemblies as per design standards.
- Develop Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and test plans in accordance with IEC/UL standards. Create test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for protoype development, conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assess test results, perform root cause analysis through test findings/failures and take corrective/preventive actions.
- Work with Simulation team for reliability predictions and structural/thermal/CFD results. Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
- Create Intellectual Property documents (IPs) around new product design concepts / ideas and drive innovation from ideation through to execution.
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications.
- Prepare Design proposals and documentation required to define & control products. Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required.
- Min 3-5 years experience in mechanical product design & development / cost out through VAVE
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in design and development of Mechanical products like sheet metal products (preferred), cast/machined products wrt relevant product standards such as UL, IEC, etc.
- Experience must include minimum 2 years of hands on experience on conceptual design, design validation, detail design, drawing review and testing of products.
- Proven track record of successful product launches and intellectual property generation.
Analytical skills must include understanding component design/ selection, stresses, fatigue life, component fits and establishing efficient/ergonomic methods of assembly, Design calculations.
- Should be proficient with GD&T, Six Sigma, DFMEA, DFMA, and UL certification.
Should have good knowledge on different product design tools environment like CAD, Solid works, SAP, FEA.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.