Position – Quality Specialist Transformer Business Line
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring high reliability, reducing life cycle costs, and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. You will support the definition and implementation of actions to improve safety, operating efficiency, quality, and productivity in the value chain, to improve customer satisfaction, and increase profitability in a safe working environment within the local business.
- Quality metrics – Reporting in an accurate and timely manner on Quality and Operational Excellence (Q&OpEx) metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the analysis and management of local processes.
- Process audits – Conducting process audits to ensure the conformance of working practices with established processes and procedures.
- Measurement – Utilizing measurement systems to produce data that reflect the accurate characteristics of materials, products, systems, and processes.
- Process improvement – Leading small groups of employees in the usage of the standard quality improvement approach (i.e. 4Q) to implement improvements in local procedures.
- Safety – Performing assigned tasks in a safe manner that will encourage others to exercise safety in their normal daily activities.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.E. in Electrical /Mechanical.
- Minimum 4 to Maximum 7 years of experience in Quality assurance activities like process audit, inspection, Quality audit of vendors, Root cause analysis, internal audits, etc.( preferably in an oil-filled transformer industry).
- Good communication skills in the English Language in oral and written form.
- Demonstrated team-building skills, would be a preference.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”