Position – Supervisor – Machining
Company – Eaton
Location – Ranjangaon, Maharashtra
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Supervisor – Machining based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Develop shop floor schedules to meet customer demand and plant goals. Key considerations include meeting customer on time delivery, maximizing efficiency and minimizing scrap.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the shift
- Manpower planning to meet organizational goals.
- Working with cross functional team and stake holders to achieve departmental goals.
- Key contributor for achieving High 5 Matrix i.e. Safety ,Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity.
- Promote and sustain ELSS(Eaton Lean Six Sigma) disciplines and improvements. Ensure that standardized practices are followed where applicable.
- Evaluate shop floor training needs (including cross training) and provide as needed.
- Providing and Mentoring coaching for team members.
- Providing constructive feedback to the team member.
- Promote safety awareness and maintain a safe work environment.
- Monitor performance of production personnel and identify improvement opportunities and implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Provide strong leadership to develop a participative and continuous improvement culture in the organization.
- Ensure that all regulatory standards and company policies are understood, supported and followed on the shop floor.
- Support implementation of key certification requirements – EBEA, ISO/TS16949 , ISO14001/18000.
- Diploma in (Mechanical/ Production/Automotive engg) – Experience-07- 10 years (Preferably – 05 years in production)
- Engineering Graduate ( B.E. Mechanical/ Production/Automotive engg. ) Experience-03- 05 years (Preferably – 02-03 years in production)
- Hands on experience of production in Gear cutting machines ( Hobbing , shaving , Shaping , Grinding, Tuning machines) , Gear manufacturing process, part programing, gear Data sheets.
- Understand basic LEAN tools such as setup reduction , 5S, Lean Six Sigma)
- Communication Skill
- Influencing Skill
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Supervisor/Leadership skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time