Position – Stress Engineer
Company – Air Products
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Job Description and Qualifications
To deliver safe, fit for purpose piping stress design to an agreed schedule and agreed budget.
Nature and Scope
The job holder is one of the key members of the piping design team having responsibility for stress design. The job holder shall be responsible for the piping stress design on projects executed by API..
- Responsible for piping stress analysis of piping systems on projects.
- Responsible for review of corresponding documents.
- A Piping Stress Engineer acts as the technical interface with AP project execution teams for piping stress design. The primary purpose is the delivery of a safe, fit for purpose piping stress design to an agreed schedule and construction budget.
- Providing support to other AP engineering centers as workload requires.
- Safety and rigorous adherence to relevant specifications and standards for all piping stress designs.
- Conduct pipe stress engineering of piping systems
- Project piping stress specification and critical lines list
- Piping support design
- Specifying EJs, spring hangers
- Develop common work practices within Integrated Gases.
- Maintain BSP targets and LSO compliance
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- An Engineering Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical with a work experience between 5 to 8 years.
- Excellent written and spoken English and strong communication skills
- Experience comparable with the grade in a relevant industry.
- Must be familiar with an engineering organization, the function of each discipline and how they interact and the function of the various support groups globally.
- Experience of working on Autopipe or Ceaser II.
- Experience of conducting pipe stress analysis of piping systems.
- Experience of pipe support design.
- Experience of specifying and review of expansion joints, spring hangers etc.
- Experience of both Pipe supporting and Piping stress work process
- Knowledge and experience of plant layouts and model review meetings and software
- Experience and knowledge to effectively communicate issues and ideas effectively.
Req No. – 28817BR
Employment Status – Full Time
Organization – Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division – Global Engineering Procurement & Quality CI
Region – India
Country – India