Position – IN Engineer.ENG
Company – Eaton
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
The main responsibility of this position is to work with the project lead to implement assigned New Product Introduction (NPI) and Pursuits projects for the design, development, and validate on of valvetrain components for commercial vehicles.
Work with cross-functional teams from the test lab, sales, manufacturing, and SCM to meet project milestones.
Deliver quality by putting in place solid design processes, rules, and guidelines, all while assuring targeted OTD and FTY.
The key responsibilities of this role include
- To design and engineer a variety of standard valve actuation devices for commercial vehicles, such as rockers arms, hydraulic lash adjustors, and innovative VVA mechanisms for engine brakes, late intake valve closing (LIVC), cylinder deactivation (CDA), etc. ICE’s
- Work with simulation teams (FEA, MBD, 1D simulation) to coordinate the design of valvetrain components, perform preliminary engineering calculations, and study design feasibility.
- Produce and publish engineering drawings that include pertinent GD&T and stack-up calculations.
- Work together with cross-functional teams, such as production, test lab, simulation, etc., to advance technological maturity and mature the design.
- Conduct design reviews, and submit technical studies and conclusions to the chief engineer of the product line, the technical lead, the portfolio lead, and the design review board.
- Conduct and drive supplier feasibility reviews (DSFR) and manufacturing reviews (MFR) for prototype and production-worthy prints. support PPAP submission and facilitate and review manufacturing process capability
- Work on new Pursuit Projects, NPI & VAVE projects with team members from around the world while resolving technical issues
- B.E / B.Tech or M.E / M.Tech in Mechanical/Production
- 0-1 yrs with M.E/M.Tech and 3-4 yrs with B.E/B.Tech ,in R&D &/or Mfg Processes
- Experience with Engineering drawings, CAD
- Proficient in structural and applied mechanics
- Basics of manufacturing processes & GD&T
- Good communication
- Collaborative working style
- Learning agility
Eaton is a leader in intelligent power management, committed to enhancing people’s quality of life and safeguarding the environment for everybody. Our dedication to conducting business ethically, running our organization sustainably, and assisting our clients in managing their power both now and in the future serves as our compass. By utilizing the electrification and digitalization worldwide growth trends, we are hastening the world’s transition to renewable energy, assisting in the resolution of the most pressing power management issues, and acting in the interests of all of society’s stakeholders. Eaton has been publicly traded on the NYSE since it was founded in 1911. We served clients in more than 170 countries and recorded revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021. Our culture is founded on a steadfast dedication to putting our core values into action and giving our staff the resources they need to succeed With the announcement that we would reduce carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50% by 2030, we have shown our commitment to sustainability.
Eaton is dedicated to establishing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and the variety of locations in which we conduct business around the world. This workforce will be diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels. Regardless of race, color, social or economic background, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status, our ability to recruit and keep the finest employees is essential to our success. Eaton complies with all applicable non-discrimination laws and rules in the nations in which we do business. The Company has a policy of basing all employment decisions—including hiring, pay, benefits, training, and layoffs—on the principle of equal employment opportunity as outlined above.