Position – Engineer
Company – EATON
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, India
Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. The company is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 90,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) has an opening for a Senior Engineer – Missions Systems Division in its Aerospace division. This position will be based in Pune, India.
The senior engineer is primarily responsible for leading product design & development of Aerospace MSD (Mission System Division) products to meet design, manufacturability & assembly requirements. Further, he/she will
- create innovative product concepts/prototypes based on breakthrough technologies for aerospace applications
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical/Aerospace from an accredited institution.
- Preferred – Masters in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering or relatable discipline
- 3+ years of experience in Aerospace, preferably Fuel System products such as Fuel Valves and Pumps.
- Knowledge of mechanical components & systems product design. Proven ability to conceive ideas and demonstrate viability through relevant engineering calculations.
- Strong fundamentals in CAD and other visualization tools. Proficiency in one or more CAD tools; Preferably CATIA, PROE Creo and experience with PLM tool
- Should have strong knowledge about drawings, dimensioning standards, tolerance standards & stack-up, engineering calculations, complete system / component sizing, modeling and simulation, strong Analytical skills – understanding mechanical loads & stresses, part fits, and establishing efficient methods of assembly and manufacture.
- Experience in industry standards related to Aerospace products (ASME, SAE, MIL), safety critical systems etc
- Hands on experience in working with cross-functions, interfacing with customers, translating requirements to design solutions. Ability to understand business needs, prioritize projects and execute to meet commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a higher degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required. Ability to foster collaboration across global development teams
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, with critical thinking and proven design skills
- Knowledge of experimental test procedures, product qualification and product verification artifacts.
- Experience with the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) methodology and tools necessary.
- Communication skills, Stregic thinking, Drive for result, Accountability, Innovation leadership, Learning Agility, Decision making
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-AJ1
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.