Position – Engineer
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Job Summary
- Primary responsibility of this role is to design “Transmission components and subsystems” to meet customer specific technical requirements by satisfying cost and timeline requirement for Commercial vehicle applications
- Applicant shall have experience in design, development and validation of Transmission components and sub-systems. Applicant must be able to support incremental product design changes. Applicant must be proficient with 3D drafting tools Cre-O, GD&T, tolerance stack up analysis
- Applicant should be able to support defining engineering requirements by understanding customer voice and application
- The applicant must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills with cross functional team namely engineering, manufacturing, project management, marketing and supply chain.
- Job responsibility
- Performs engineering assignments, involving product design, testing and process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Participates in engineering/design activities and maintains effective communications with team members and global stake holders. Creates and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group.
- Prepares packaging layouts, design concepts for improvement of product. Participates in design innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc.
- Utilizes the understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs
- Education level required : Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical Engineering or Automobile engineering
- Years and area of experience required: 3-5 /1-3 years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization
- Technical knowledge: CAD 3D Modeling: Emerging level to generate 3D models , drawings and assemblies for concept.
- Powertrain components, Enclosure/Casing , Mech. Shift Control, System Lubrication: Basic understanding
- Tolerance Stack – Basic understanding
- Design for Manufacture & Assembly: Foundational level (casting & forgings etc.)
- Digital Analysis, Optimization, Modeling: Emerging level- Understanding of Genesis analysis optimization approach in addition to FEA, CFD, Thermal analysis and acoustic analysis.
- Soft skills: Good Communication & articulation skills, Collaborating with Global stakeholders.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time