Position – Packaging Engineer
Company – Cyient
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with marketing and Design to develop packaging concepts appropriate for each project
- Responsibilities include managing the process to ensure excellent launch execution.
- Develop, update and archive packaging component drawings and specifications
- Strong understanding of packaging process and packaging equipment.
- Ensure packaging concepts optimized for manufacturing and cost constraints
- Create specifications for product shipper box and palletization
- Coordinate packaging quality testing per international shipping standards
- Define and select a material specification to meet cost constraints and sustainability guidelines
- Determines logistics parameters for new packaging (e.g. weights, dims, material content)
- Strong experience in component development including and not limited to knowledge of stability studies, feasibility study, packaging trials, shipping studies and validation
- Create documents, specifications, Bill of Materials (BoM) & release using PLM software
Experience & Skills:
- Experience in Design and/or manufacturing of Paperboard and corrugate structures, thermoformed blister cards and clamshells, polybags
- Working knowledge of Esko Artios CAD, CAPE Pack, Adobe Illustrator, Solidworks
- Knowledge of ISTA protocols
- Project management skills, including planning and organization skills
- Knowledge of PLM system (preferably Windchill)
- Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Packaging Science graduate with Degree in Packaging Technology from reputed Institute/University
- Working experience3+ years
Primary Location: India-Telangana-Hyderabad
Skills & Experience
- Microsoft Office, Packaging, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), PTC Windchill
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.