EATON is hiring | Engineer |
Position – VAVE Engineer Mechanical
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to VAVE Engineer Mechanical based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Work on VAVE (Cost Out) projects for Low Voltage Switchgear products : Switch disconnector , Contactors , MPCB , Push buttons , Relays, accessories
- Work with global stakeholders for project execution through idea generation, design, testing and implementation phase
- Ensure product compliance to global design standards like IEC,UL,CSA, NEMA or any other compliance standard.
- Complete system / component sizing, designing , simulation and testing activities to meet Low Voltage Switchgear requirements
- Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
- Perform tear down activities and generate cost out ideas
- Demonstrate capability in working on NPI/Sustaining/VAVE projects for Contactor, Switch Disconnector, Motor Protection Circuit Breaker, Push buttons , Overload Relay and accessories
- BE / M Tech – Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 yrs. Product Design & Cost out
- Experience in working on NPI/Sustaining/VAVE projects for Contactor, Switch Disconnector, Motor Protection Circuit Breaker, Push buttons , Overload Relay and accessories.
- Exp. in VAVE projects will be an advantage.
- Perform teardown , generate ideas , perform system / component sizing, modeling, and simulation to meet product design and compliance requirements
- Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement.
- Utilize knowledge of metals and plastics to suggest alternative material and provide engineering judgement on the impact on the product from cost , testing and certification perspective
- Knowledge of low voltage switchgear standards in accordance to IEC/UL/CSA/CCC codes which will allow development of test plans.
- Experience in execution of tests for EN60947 / UL60947 ( Temperature rise , Short circuit , Make/Break, sequence tests etc.)
- Assess test results, perform root cause analysis through test findings/failures and take corrective/preventive actions
- Responsible for design engineering analysis on current path, mechanism, spring, bimetals, housing, actuator circuit , arc chamber, coils etc.
- Review Supplier Document Requirements List based on product requirements, customer specifications or industry standards like IEC, NEMA etc.
- Review reliability predictions, Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and structural/thermal/CFD/MBD results
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes (Casting, forging, machining , plastic Injection molding, sheet metal), tests, and unique customer applications
- Will be responsible for execution of the project and perform activities like Production feasibility assessment and Part production approval process ( PPAP) etc.
- Complete design ( 2D drawings / 3D Models) in UG-NX or Solid works.
- Knowledge on PLM systems ( Enovia , SAP) will be required.
- Support to prepare material for design reviews
- Team player, Good communication skills, Ability to work in global and virtual environment
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-RK1
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No