Position – Design Engineer- Product Processes – Air Treatment
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
The main responsibility of this role is to be one of the key members in the team and a point contact for projects with customers. Your mission will be to support the business development of Pneumatech with high quality services.
In the job of Design Engineer, you will be working at the Global Engineering Centre of Atlas Copco Product Processes team.
- Take complete responsibility and coordinate divisional projects.
- Continually innovate the ideas to improve the Quality aspect of engineering.
- Look for the innovative techniques other than standard practices been followed.
- Generate innovative ideas through self-study of new technologies in market.
- Generate 3D layouts, detail engineering and drawings.
- Monitor performance parameter like Timely completion, Quality of drawings and First time right
- Complete responsibility of executing assigned tasks.
- Generating necessary documents for task as per Quality Systems. Also following design codes, work instructions and checklists.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for providing technical and commercial support to multi-brands customer centers for Air Treatment products in Pneumatech Portfolio.
- To support Sales Teams of multi-brands from various customer centers to offer a one stop shop and best in class solution by offering Pneumatech’ s Air treatment products.
- To consolidate the knowledge gained and to document the processes and information achieved.
- To support Projects of non-standard air treatment orders, which are personalized within Pneumatech Europe.
- To Estimate the feasibility of a project in all aspects and translate specific customer needs into the Pneumatech product portfolio.
- Operational follow-up: from order processing, engineering and production to final delivery.
- To provide suggestions to the Pneumatech/divisional management to add new products to the standard Pneumatech portfolio, using the flexible operational setup, based on customer needs and completed projects.
- To collect and interpret competition information for Competition benchmarking.
- To gain knowledge about applications and OEM opportunities, in order to support customer centers in best practices and new business opportunities.
- To provide input for the development of technical and commercial marketing materials (catalogues, brochures, website, brochures, etc.)
- Communication and interaction with the internal & external clients regularly on the progress of the job requests.
- Co-ordination with internal & external clients for reporting the status of task, presenting the queries, and receiving the feedback.
- Estimation of work involved, lead time and execution of task according to customer requirement.
- Tracking all the job request for their progress with reference to the committed time frame.
- Understanding priorities, job planning, training designers to execute the jobs with high quality within specified timelines.
- Maximize satisfaction level of customers in terms of quality of work, meeting deadlines and quick turnaround time.
- Complete any mechanical engineering related tasks assigned by his or her supervisor.
- You are a PC-literate; knowledge of different CAD-programs is to your advantage.
- Should have working knowledge of Compressors.
- Knowledge of ERP (BPCS) will be an advantage.
- Should have worked in design, engineering & project environment.
What you can expect from us?
- An excellent culture
- Ample opportunities for professional development
- New challenges and opportunities to learn every day
- A culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior and integrity
- Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion
- Have multiple interactions with different stakeholders internally and externally
- Potential to see your ideas realized and to make an impact on interesting projects
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
What we expect of you?
The successful candidate should have a good mix of the following:
- The right candidate has a bachelor’s degree mechanical with minimum 2-3 years Industrial design experience.
- Experience in Air treatment, Dryers, Gas Generation, Filtration is an added advantage.
- Experience with service department is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of different parts, part design methodology & assemblies.
- Experience from CAD software (Autodesk Inventor).
- Experience of ERP (Vault & BPCS)
- Clear & precise communication – good communicator.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fast learner
- Experience of design calculations at component level
- Good in communication skills in English.
- Good in interpersonal skills including self-starter and positive approach.
- Good sense of urgency.
- Should be customer focused.
- Should be a team player with learning attitude.
- Capable of working under time pressure in order to respect deadlines
City – Pune
Last Day to Apply[[02/11/2021]]
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.