Position – Associate Engineer- Mechanical
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions has an opening for an Associate Engineer position- Residential products. The primary responsibility of this position will be to work on the design and development of Circuit protection and Wiring Devices product range primarily for US markets.
He/She will be responsible for direct mechanical design artifacts as part of NPD / PLS projects.
- Works in multiple programs/projects related to new product development (NPD), value analysis, and value engineering (VAVE) through the execution in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and profit plan objectives.
- Creates CAD drawings, 3D models, Assemblies as per design standards and ensures release in PLM / ERP system.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including molding, stamping, casting, welding, and soldering.
- Develops and understands product requirements. Collects requirements, performs conceptual design, and completes system/component modeling to meet specific requirements.
- Evaluates multiple concepts through prototype testing. Develops test plans in accordance with applicable product standards. Plans for assembly and test instruments. Responsible for ensuring deployment of standard practices, assessing test results, root cause analysis of failures, and taking corrective actions
- Modifies existing products to support customer, manufacturing, and applicable regulatory standard, supporting value analysis and value engineering while working on projects related to product line support, quality, and VAVE
Education level required
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical engineering
- Years and area of experience required1-2 years of experience in design & development of electro-mechanical product lines such as circuit breakers and enclosures are preferred
- Experience in the design and development of electromechanical products with knowledge of the design of molded, sheet metal, machined, cast components will be preferred. Knowledge of relevant product standards such as UL, IEC, etc.
- Should have good knowledge of different product design tools environments like CAD- PRO E, Solid works or E-CAD, and FEA tools as required for product design and development.
- Proven track record of intellectual property generation with a good number of patents/disclosures, successful product launches, realized cost out will be preferable
- Hands-on experience with design of products including and not limited to part detailing and designing, component and material selection, drawing creation, 3D modeling of parts/assemblies, and 2D dimensioning and tolerance of parts.
- Analytical skills must include understanding component design/ selection, stresses, fatigue life, component fits, and establishing efficient, ergonomic methods of assembly.
- Soft skills – Excellent oral and written communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe, and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time