Position – Process Data Engineer
Company – Shell
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
- Maintenance, assurance, technical support and standardization of technical data and documents of various Shell operating units. With support roles on site engagement & technical & tools forums.
- Analyze data, documents and processes for Shell businesses by working with engineering, maintenance, operations and project team & partners.
- Ensure the deliverables for Data Management in SAP-PM/MM, Master Data Change Process & other assigned data processes by contributing, providing support & guidance and represent the team in the Shell global forums.
- Support projects and activities performed at various Shell operating units.
Working on ERP system
- Management of Maintenance Asset Hierarchy (Location/Equipment/Assembly), Configure Bills of Material, Maintenance Planning configuration, Task List in ERP System.
- Improve data Quality based on the Feedback, Notification and Work orders management, Engaging with Maintenance Work planners, preparers, schedulers.
- Extraction of maintenance data and subsequent analysis using MS office or other analytical Tools
- Support Data improvement projects which may include data cleanse, data mining, benchmarking, reporting projects and track evidence as per Site Reference Documents.
Engagement with Team and Stack-holders
- Assist the Team to develop, maintain and manage the Site Reference Document. Communicate with the site or locations stakeholder, understand their interoperability’s. Regularly report progress of work to site or location direct contacts as Requestors and Approvers.
- Assist the Team in responding to inquiries related to the data and its functionality including training of Request Tools, running pilot tests and demonstrations, increasing awareness of ERP functionality (e.g. more effectively usage of SAP PM). This Technical Support function includes supporting managers and other staff on migration efforts.
- Managing stakeholders/ representatives of various operating units through effective communication and identifying & resolving the bottlenecks for data analysis, maintaining issue logs and use the same in implementing changes/improvements in the process.
Other back up accountabilities, as follows:
- Recommend and run site or other improvement projects (Continuous Improvements) through awareness of Group Engineering Methods and processes.
- Understand how information and data are utilized within the site or location through awareness to extract and apply the methods of these tools to Data Quality (methods and processes are listed in the Skills Section).
- Assist the team leads to standardize processes, tools, methods, procedures as directed (Ex: Improving the data quality standards and best practices).
- Network with counterparts and other levels of the organization across the different support centers.
- Support the Senior Process Data Engineer and other engineers performing primary functions, with scope covering Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), technical data and documents of the various Shell operating units.
- Assurance of maintenance effectiveness by maintenance data management as per Business defined Standards with an objective to maximize Productivity while reducing deferment.
- Participation in Group efforts to Standardize processes, tools, benchmarks, standards and best practices. The role may also be assigned as part of the Site Team or Project Team working under a Senior Process Data Engineer
Skills & Requirements: Skills & Requirements:
- University Degree in Mechanical/ Instrumentation/ Electrical/ Petro-Chemical Engineering.
- Required 2+ yrs industrial experience in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemicals/Fertilizer /Power industry past degree in engineering with experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience in Plant Maintenance area within oil & gas and Petrochemical complex as an engineering user of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Other Skills, Competence and Behavior:
- Flexible and adaptable to change, with a track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities, and problem-solving.
- Virtual working experience highly desirable.
- IT skills with tools knowledge like Power BI, Spotfire, SQL, Database Knowledge, etc. would be an added advantage.
Translated Company Description
Work Schedule / Shift: Evening and Late-night Shift for Chennai, KL & Manila & After Noon shift for Krakow
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.