Position – Bogie Design Engineer
Company – Bombardier
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About the role:
- Worked with Bogie subsystems like Bogie frame, Suspensions, Wheelsets, brakes, cabling & piping and bogie mounted equipment’s.
- Experienced in designing these subsystems including brackets for them in regard to welded fabrication, sheet metal design, machining, tolerance analysis, corrosion protection, material selection, casted parts and fastener selection etc.
- Well versed with 2D drawing including fits, tolerance and GD&T. Also need to be able to check the drawings for releasing them to manufacturing
- Able to discuss with supplier for technical requirements and clause by clause agreement.
- Design reviews of bogie sub-systems.
- Need to be proficient in CATIA V5 for part design, sheet metal design, casted part design and assembly design.
- Need to be familiar with applicable ISO and EN standards for plate materials, castings, fasteners, welding etc.
- Exposure to 3D COM and PDM.,Drawing creation with help of panel suppliers, reviews and release through PDM
3D models, Drawings; Bills of material, method descriptions, sketches, whitelist, change notifications, messages, weight lists, specifications, maintenance and maintenance documentation components, specifications, customer specifications, tender documents, test specifications and test reports, etcEmployer and multi-employer work procedure, management instructions, national and international regulations for the construction and operation of rail vehicles, as well as the general standards and rules and regulations for the design & development of sub-systems
- Management of drawings/technical specifications
- Management of 3D models and concept designs
- Construction (design & product), calculation departments, methods, production, procurement, project management, quality, welding, internal/external customers, internal and external suppliers, warranty, customer support, service
- Management of work packages outsourced to panel suppliers
- Location: Hyderabad
- Qualification: Graduate in Engineering (Mechanical) with 5 to 10 years experience as Design Engineer
About Bombardier Transportation
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Alstom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Effective 29 January 2021, Alstom completed the acquisition of Bombardier Transportation. This is a Bombardier Transportation legal entity job.