Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Summary’• The primary responsibility of this role is to support the design and development of Fuel vapor valves to meet customer-specific technical, cost, and government regulations for ORVR norms across regions.
- The applicant shall have the innovative mindset to design, develop and validate fuel vapor valves, relevant subsystems. Applicants must be able to support incremental product design changes. Applicant must be proficient with 3D drafting tools-Pro E, GD&T, tolerance stack-up analysis, and conversant with manufacturing and machining methods involving plastics over-molding.
- Applicant should be able to support defining engineering requirements by understanding customer voice and application.
- The applicant must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills with cross-functional teams namely engineering, manufacturing, project management, marketing, and supply chain.
Performs engineering assignments, involving product design, testing and process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Participates in engineering/design activities and maintains effective communications with team members and global stakeholders. Creates and sustains processes for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group.
- Prepares packaging layouts, design concepts for improvement of product. Participates in design innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc.
- Utilizes the understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Automobile engineering
- Less than 2 years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization/Fresh Graduate (BE) from reputed college can also apply
Basic engineering fundamentals understanding & its application in Mechanical design
- Knowledge about various Automotive product lines & their architecture, Understanding of subsystem or components
- Hands-on experience in any Engineering CAD tools & PLM database
- Experience in projects involving a significant amount of CAD & System modeling
- Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Team player with highly effective interpersonal and collaboration skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.