Position – Mechanical Engineer CAD
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job Title (Job Code): Engineer – Carbody Shell EN-DR-30
PURPOSE OF THE JOB :Carbody Body Structure & Interface Design for global rolling stock
Reports directly to: Lead Engineer – Carbody Shell
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES :
- Delivery of Car bodyshell Engineering outputs, in compliance with the Engineering QCD commitments.
- Deploys Alstom standards and process in work defined in line with international standards
- Ability to do quick 3D CAD concept & lead small area of work on New Product Development/carryover product
- Organizes and leads his / her work package & reviews for the project he/she is in charge
- Manages the work package if any from other Alstom sites for 3 phase or drawing phase
- Planning of activity and deliverables to meet project timeline
- Perform Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan,
- Good understanding of the requirement defined for 3D cad based on installation & design methods of installation.
- Supports Lead Engineer in establishing clear CAD/product design & reviews to meet Leads requirement.
- Supports industrialization and production teams during manufacturing ramp-up.
- Defines and monitors the conformity Mechanical Sub-Systems interfaces with the CAD design.
- Good awareness of the product cost drivers and an ability to optimize solutions to achieve a cost-effective product that meets the functionality and performance requirements.
- Perform stack-up to arrive on tolerances for interfaces
Educational Requirements: Diploma & Bachelor of Engineering / Master in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering
- Graduated / Post Graduate from Premier Engineering College.
Experience: 4 to 8 years
- 4-8 years experience on core sheet metal design of rolling stock / automotive BIW / Aircraft structure.
- Experience in structural design & Sheet metal Design
- Good knowledge of sheet metal, extrusion manufacturing & related processes.
- Must have knowledge about materials, welding processes, welding standards
- DFM & DFEMA knowledge
- Functional Tolerancing & Dimensioning using tools
- Strong CATIA, DMA ENOVIA skill to perform design activity.
- Rolling stock structure design EXPERIENCE
- Knowledgeable of sheet metal design
Competencies & Skills
- Structural Design
- Sheet Metal Design
- CATIA V5 / V6
- PLM / DMA / ENOVIA
- Functional dimensioning & tolerancing
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential while valuing and respecting them as individuals.