Position – Benchmark Engineer
Company – Danfoss
Location – Oragadam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As a constantly growing company, Danfoss is looking for motivated employees who want to work with us on our success. We are seeking a Benchmark Engineer to join our diverse team.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Drive execution of strategic relevant benchmark analysis for products and technologies.
- Secure execution of benchmark evaluations with clear recommendations and conclusion on advantages and disadvantages with the designs and technologies used as per agreed timeline
- Maintain benchmark roadmap with priorities
- Secure alignment between benchmark requestor and the benchmark analysis and conclusions
- Secure coordination between local, global and external test facilities
- Derive specification of relevant test methods and equipment.
- Understand customer needs and translate them into good overviews and conclusion’s
- Drive the projects together with other relevant team members and functions
- Focus on continuous improvement in the benchmark process as well in our current product platforms
- Validate design through simulations, test specifications and review of results
- Assess product cost and compliance in collaboration with extended teams where necessary.
- Supports smooth communication and join in bringing transparencies into project activities
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Bachelor Mechanical/Mechatronics engineering or similar education
- Min 3-6 years’ experience with design of mechanical products
- Min 1-3 years’ experience with design of mechanical products if from a premium institution
- Experience with Refrigeration Controls Design & Testing with preferable exposure to Valves, Electronic and mechanical controls, Sensors and Expansion devices used in Commercial and Industrial refrigeration.
- Experience with 3D CAD and simulation
- Knowledge of Materials used in Products/ Components used in Refrigeration
- Knowledge of Safety standards and Compliance requirements is an added advantage.
- Fluent and comprehensive English
Essential personal characteristics
- Positive and open minded
- Good communication skills
- Result oriented
- Fact based
- Quality mindset
- Team player
- Collaborative and capable to build professional networks
- Knowledge of MS office tools
- Knowledge of Power BI, – Added advantage
- Prior Experience in Benchmarking, Cost Down, VA/VE is an added advantage
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.