Position – Analyst – Component Cost Down
Company – Danfoss
Location – Oragadam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
As a constantly growing company, Danfoss is looking for motivated employees who want to work with us on our success. We are seeking an Analyst – Component Cost down who is responsible for Cost analysis for all mechanical components majorly Pressed parts, Die Casting, Sand Casting, Hot forging & Machined/bar turned parts.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Perform Should Cost Analysis for all mechanical components majorly Pressed parts, Die Casting, Sand Casting, Hot forging & Machined/bar turned parts
- Drive Cost Research activities to bring the Should Cost models to the highest level of accuracy by exploring and learning the latest industry practices & technologies
- Perform Data Analytics using existing Procurement, Product & Cost related data, to identify outliers and opportunities
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience on Should Costing preferably from a manufacturing industry environment
- Strong knowledge of Manufacturing processes of Mechanical components
- Aware of global sourcing/procurement processes
- Good in 3D CAD modeling (Creo/Inventor/NX)
- Good in MS-Excel/Power PI
- Exposure to an aPriori or similar tool
- Interest in Data Science/Applied Analytics
- Experienced in the interdisciplinary and global working environment
- Strong team player
- Holistic mindset thinks One Danfoss
- Very strong analytical skills coupled with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for results
- Must have worked in an organization/team or role where Cost saving as one of the main KPI using Product Cost Management principles
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly and work independently under minimal direction and supervision
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated, and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment, and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.