Position – CFD Hydraulics Engineer
Company – Arcadis
Location – India
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
We are now recruiting talented individuals to fill our current vacancy for Engineer – CFD Modelling to work on our projects in Bangalore.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Qualification & Experience;
- M. Tech in Civil / Mechanical Engineering / Chemical/ Environmental from a recognized University.
- Freshers / 1 – 2 years experience in the design of CFD Modeling/ Analysis and troubleshooting in water/ wastewater process design
- Sound technical knowledge and experience in the preliminary and detailed design of the real systems and ability to understand the physics & able to develop the CFD model with minimum time for preprocessing.
Principal Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Working independently as well as with a team on various projects in line with client requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral, Written, Reading Comprehension, Listening) with the ability to carefully understand the client requirements.
- Liaison with lead business to demonstrate an understanding of scope, knowledge, and experience to provide innovative design solutions as per best engineering practices.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments.
- Compliance of Arcadis business management system.
- Health & Safety Management.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Expertise in any one of the CFD Softwares such as Flow -3D, Ansys Fluent/CFX, Star CCM+, Rhino-3D, SpaceClaim.
- Having understood CFD open Sources like Fire Dynamic Simulator (FDS) & OpenFOAM is an added advantage.
- Good theoretical knowledge of Fluid dynamics, Fluid Mechanics, turbulence modeling, and Finite difference Scheme(FDS) & Finite Volume Scheme(FVM).
- Good Understanding in CFD modeling like Multiphase flows, VOF (Volume of Fluid Method), Granular flows (Discrete Phase Methods) & Heat transfer.
- Should be able to calculate the Y+ values and able to determine the timesteps for the CFD models.
- Should have strong knowledge in the programming language in C/C++ and Matlab/ Python for scripting the Customized function.
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with an international focus on a pleasant working climate, attention to education, and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunities for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business, a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.