Position – Lead mechanical component engineer
Company – General Electric
Location – Hosur, Tamil Nadu
Essential Responsibilities: Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Essential responsibilities includes design, mechanical analysis and validation of high voltage power products mainly in instrument transformer or any other High voltage switchgear product in both AIS/GIS
- Provide technical supports to cross functional teams for the assigned projects
- Working knowledge of international standards and type testing of Bushings.
- Work closely cross functional team to ensure the CAD model/ 2D, 3D drawings are in-line with manufacturing practices and requirement of new products / new components
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects after project completions and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Support to design / Manufacturing team & Vendor coordination for new component / part development and validation testing plan based on customer requirements to deliver the type test for new products/ new components
- Thoroughly understand the new products/ new design to do mechanical analysis/ structure analysis in ANSYS /any other equivalent software
- Experience in NPI routine test and type testing in instrument transformer.
- Developing good documentation as per NPI/Gate process to achieve required level of verification & validation for new product design or changes with right level of quality.
- Responsible for timely execution of drawing, BOM, SOP, product validations for First pass yield of new products & risk reduction
- Contribute towards Product cost out actions for all products with design team, sourcing team
- Work as a part of a team including cross functional team members & suppliers to deliver technical solutions
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively within and between teams and as Individual
Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly matrix environment.
- Mechanical design / R & D experience in high voltage power products (AIS& GIS)
- knowledge on design and manufacturing of instrument transformer (AIS &GIS) is an added advantage
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Exposure to manufacturing processes/procedures of high voltage power products (Transformers, Instrument transformers, reactors)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering/ manufacturing engineering with 10 – 12 years experience OR Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering / equivalent degree with 8-10 Years.
- High efficiency in using 3D solid modeling software (i.e. Solid works, ProE), routing & drafting
- High-efficiency skills in ANSYS for mechanical analysis and structural analysis
Good experience in 3D modelling of high voltage power products components and Mechanical routing.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes