Position – Senior Process Engineer
Company – Cyient
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defense, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
- Bachelor/Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 to 7 years of relevant engineering work experience
- Experience in performing Engineering simulations for Power plant processes/ systems
- Expertise in Dymola
- Proficient in a Modelica programming language
- Experience in MATLAB/Simulink
- Knowledge of control system
- Excellent collaborator to support and serve the global team
- High flexibility in taking on new tasks/responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, Excellent English language skills
- Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
- Solid understanding of the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
- Preparation of steady state and dynamic models of high fidelity for various Power plant equipment and systems using 1-D Simulation software – Dymola and MATLAB/Simulink
- Preparation of custom libraries and components using Modelica language as and when needed
- Perform dynamic simulation studies for Compressors, Expanders/Turbines, Heat exchangers, Combustion chambers, Moisture separators, Fuel gas system, Air system, Water system, etc.
- Creation of performance maps for machineries like Compressors, Expanders, etc.
- Dynamic response study during transients like Start-up, Shutdown, output modulation, etc.
- Implementation of control system
- Validation and testing of simulation model with actual site data/ pilot test data
- Understand analysis results and present them in a lucid manner to Stakeholders
- Conducting status meetings and discussions with various Project Stakeholders
Skills & Experience
Control System, Dymola, MATLAB Simulink, Modelica, • Prior experience with Steam Turbines or Power Plants
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.