Position – Senior Design Engineer, Crane Platform Engineering
Company – Konecranes
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
The person in this role will be responsible for delivering the needed engineering services to support engineering design, and development projects involving Industrial cranes & components. Will assist in the product lifecycle management of cranes and crane components in the relevant IT systems. Will support product improvements and changes, and participate in crane platform-originated product development projects and system changes. Will work in close relation with crane platform engineering to act as 3rd level support to brands, driving up product quality and pushing down costs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Independently perform pre-study and prepare the engineering survey for the project along with the supporting strength calculations and documentation.
- Provide safe & cost-effective working designs for different projects and applications.
- Prepare GA Drawings, 3D Models (as when needed), detailed engineering drawings, and BOM
- Ensure that the engineering design is appropriately maintained in the PLM system and follow the necessary engineering processes to keep the design updated in the PLM system
- Should have good knowledge of industrial welding practices & other production processes and represent the same in the Design/drawings as and when required.
- Specify technical requirements for manufacturing, assembly, transportation, and delivery.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Sales-configurator, Documentation, Production, Item creation services, etc) for project success.
- Provide technical assistance as 3rd-level support when required
- Report the engineering efforts to allocated projects in the Engineering Resource Management System
- Assure schedule adherence
- Assure quality assurance in the drawing & design process and implement the corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned by reporting manager.
- The minimum education requirement is a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical with a minimum of 3 years of experience with overhead electric cranes or similar industrial equipment.
- Working knowledge of engineering process in configured-to-order (CTO) area
- Strong understanding of steel structure design & crane standards (FEM, IS, EN, CMAA)
- Good understanding of sales configurators, design calculation programs, CAD tools (AutoCAD/ Vertex, NX, etc) & PLM (Teamcenter)
- Awareness of FEM Analysis will be useful
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams
- Strong mechanical aptitude, commercial and customer-oriented mindset
- Detail Oriented, Self-motivated & Team player
- Ability to create and implement new ways of working, create trust and work in effective cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills.
- Awareness of ISO 14001 and 45001 Standards.
What we can offer you.
- Work in a global environment
- Competitive Salary
- Work-Life Balance
- Innovative and dynamic working environment
- Support of an excellent Global Team
- Possibility to work in a leading crane building company with leading technology
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of strong responsible performance. Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment that is free from any form of discrimination.