Position – Product Design Engineer
Company – Cyient
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
- Work in different phases in the design process from Pre scope activates to Product launch for a multitude of products, parts, assemblies, and subassemblies, including drafting, dimensioning, and tolerance.
- Design innovative component/module replacements for existing machinery that improved functioning for better quality
- Design the product for DFM/ DFA, proactive approach to review the product design from the industrial processes perspective, make-ability, and measure-ability
- Coordinating with the different suppliers/toolmakers to ensure delivery of the right products.
- Validating the product in prototyping and documenting results.
- Identifying early potential failure modes for a product by using the DFMEA tool to assess the risk associated with those failure modes, to rank the issues in terms of importance, and to identify carry out corrective actions to address the most serious concerns and Preventing design process mistakes
- Evaluating and optimizing the capability of the design to calculate the capability and if necessary optimize the design in an early stage with Tolerance Analysis by using Tolerance designer
- Should have worked on Concept and Detail design having knowledge of Plastic/ Sheet metal parts
- Should have good knowledge of Consumer Products/Automotive / Medical products
- Good to know DFM/DFA/DFMEA
- Well versed with Tolerance Analysis
- Good knowledge of GD & T.
- Closely work with Lead Engineer, developing the System requirements into proven functions with the right quality with in minimum time and with cost-effective solutions.
- Known for quality excellence and as per design standard
- Ability to assemble parts to ensure the finished product is in processes right product
- CAD tool: NX, Creo & Solidworks
- PLM software: Wind-chill is Must
- Knowing basic Mould/Tool design will be an added advantage
- Education Qualification: BTech( Mechanical)
- Experience: 3-5 years
Skills & Experience
- Creo, Design in UG/ NX, Plastic design, Product Design, SolidWorks, Windchill
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.