Position – Process Engineer
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Madhepura, Bihar, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Network & Links:
Product Design Engineer, Manufacturing, Supply chain, Industrial Quality.
Other domains Process Engineers, Manufacturing engineers / technicians, Special Process experts, Industrial Costing Manager, Tooling Engineer, APSYS Leader
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Defines and validate the detailed manufacturing process for a new product.
- Perform industrial documentation, define industrial master data and set the manufacturing method time.
- In serial phase, drive continuous improvement actions and industrialize product and process changes.
- During specification and preliminary design phases:
- Bring ideas to the PIM to guide product definition in order to improve product manufacturability and achieve QCD targets.
- Participate in the product design reviews when required.
- Estimate Method Time.
- During the detailed design phase and before Serial Go:
- Participate in P-FMEA.
- Participate in the validation of prototypes if any.
- Request tooling when needed and write tooling specifications.
- Depending on the domain: perform ERP routings, Work Instructions, Inspection Instructions, a program for CNC machines. And this ensuring good EHS and ergonomic conditions.
- Perform workstation task sequencing.
- Validate product design and industrialization through FAR and FAI.
- Calculate precise Method Time.
- After serial Go:
- Industrialize retrofit after engineering changes: Routings, Work Instructions, and tooling.
- Support Production to achieve manufacturing QCD targets.
- Participate in continuous improvement workshops. (Ex: SWIP)
- Contribute to industrial REX on manufacturing processes.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Manufacturing experience, preferably in the railway industry.
- Technical knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, writing manufacturing work instructions, line balancing.
- Experience in working with an ERP (such as SAP) for Bill of Materials, Routings, Configuration follow-up
- Working knowledge in Quality, EHS standards, and Ergonomics.
- Familiar with IS common tools.
- Process FMEA, QRQC.
- Time analysis (MTM, MEK, UAS).
EDUCATION – B.E./B.Tech. Electrical / Mechanical.
- Conscientious. Commits and delivers.
- Team Player. Spirit of “Team Trust Action”
- Decisive. Obtains and uses necessary information to make decisions. Refers decision to others when appropriate
- Logical and organized
- Good communication
JOB LOCATION / MOBILITY: Madhepura (BIHAR)
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential while valuing and respecting them as individuals.