Position – Mechanical Designer – Plastics & Sheetmetal
Company – Cyient
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
- Mechanical design and design changes of a module / subsystem / system.
- Shall have good experience in CAD tools like Solid works & Creo for modeling, assembly and detailing including drawing conversions.
- Identifying the suitable material, Creating EBOM, DFM/DFA.
- Good at hand calculation of the design.
- Shall be able to apply GD&T and perform Tolerance stack-up analysis for components/Sub-system.
- Shall be able to select materials with minimum guidance.
- Create DFMEA and identify relevant product risks.
- Good in Plastics, Sheet metal, casting and fabrications design and development.
- Knowledge in Test fixtures design & development based on component/sub-system functionality.
- Shall have hands-on experience in Engineering Change management.
- Work with supplier, procurement engineer to complete the Prototype.
- Requirements, Design, implementation, test and integration of his Unit in accordance with the higher-level Requirement and – Design specifications / architectures.
- Reliability and Serviceability of the system / subsystem / component.
- Complying to all applicable medical standards / regulations such as CE and FDA.
- Working closely with all the other team members both R&D team members (Like Systems, Verification, Norm compliance etc..) and cross functional stakeholders (Like Service, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Clinical etc…) for the projects.
- Provide technical support to suppliers and other departments to fulfill project and production needs.
- Support localization activities.
- Knowledge of IEC 60601 standards is preferred.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering.
- Min 6 to 8 years of experience in design & development of medical devices / products.
- Experience in Medicine product development is preferred.
- Fast learner and interest to learn new technologies/business/systems.
- System thinking mindset and domain expertise in the related area.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- Mindset to simplify and reach to solutions with speed.
- Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently.
Skills & ExperiencePlastics Engineering, Plastics Industry, Plastics Materials, Plastics Processing, Pro Engineer, PTC Creo Elements/Pro, Sheet Metal Manufacturing, Sheet Metals, SolidWorks Premium
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.