CommScope is Hiring | Automation Engineer |
Position – Automation Engineer
Company – CommScope
Location – Verna, Goa, IN
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role, and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment, and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
If you are a manufacturing engineer with experience in developing, deploying, and debugging equipment, we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for a hands-on mechanical engineer with Automation skills that can support the integration of semi-automated equipment in a fiber optic production environment. Together with a process engineer and automation engineer you will be responsible for a smooth introduction into production and work hand in hand with the local maintenance team to keep the machines running. Together with quality and continuous improvement colleagues you are responsible for optimization of existing semi-automated production lines to reduce operator dependency, increase output and improve quality. You will be actively part of a global process development and automation team based in US and China to further improve existing and develop new equipment and processes.
- Deployment of manual tools, semi-automated equipment and processes into the fiber optic production in collaboration with local operations and maintenance teams
- Collaborate with the global process development and automation team to share feedback from deployment and production to improve equipment and processes
- Actively support the local maintenance team to optimize scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to keep all equipment running smoothly. Improve documentation and schedules to be shared with other production locations.
- Participate in local and global brainstorms and execution of improvements of existing and development of new equipment and processes
- Convert production challenges into creative and innovative solutions that will reduce operator dependency, lower production cost, and improve quality
- Perform feasibility trials in a lab and production environment to support the global team in optimizing processes and equipment
- Analyse test data and use statistical tools to prove capability of equipment and processes and expose area’s for improvement.
- Contributes to the intellectual property portfolio through trade secrets, patents, and invention disclosures that have immediate or future potential benefit to the company
- Travel to global production locations to get trained and to support development and deployment
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ mechanical or automation experience
- Experience in mechanical design of tooling and automation systems, using SolidWorks
- Analytic and drive to understand the root cause of anomalies in production
- Capable of analysing data using Excel or Minitab and using statistical methods to assess process and equipment performance during development and deployment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate in a global organization
- Proficiency with current MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Self-driven and highly motivated with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- An appetite for learning and staying updated on latest technology trends and industry standards
You will excite us if:
- You get excited about automating production processes
- You have experience with Fiber Optics
- You know how to design electrical and pneumatic scheme’s
- You can program and debug PLC-based control, robot, or vision systems
- You are Lean Six Sigma black or green belt certified
- You are hands-on and like to build the equipment yourself
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.