Position – Associate Engineer – Design
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Career Area: Engineering
Job Description: Position Title: Associate Engineer – Design
Job Location: Bangalore
As an entry level, engineering degreed position, job assignments are planned to provide experience and familiarization with the technical staff, methods, practices, and programs of the company and assigned area.
The key role of this entry level engineering position is to learn and assist: to gain an understanding of Caterpillar’s business, products, systems, and procedures; to learn and develop skills which result from the practical application of basic engineering knowledge; and to provide assistance to a project team or others in the work group. Projects will usually be of short duration and work results will affect those working on the same project or assignment. Typically, decisions will impact routine, low risk issues that may affect the project team, suppliers, or internal customers. Challenges include applying theory, learning procedures, and understanding the technology.
Associate Engineers may work in any number of functional areas requiring an engineering degree, including, but not limited to, product design, development, research, metallurgy, quality, reliability, materials, manufacturing process, application and installation, product performance/support, service, and facilities.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all the following:
- Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas; evaluate new products, processes, or systems.
- communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units.
- contribute to the design of new products and processes; perform product and process maintenance.
- support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Attention to detail is critical. Uses readily available clear and direct references and provides straightforward solutions to problems. Collects and evaluates data and develops plans for assignments. Associate Engineers may expect to have direct contact with other team members, customers and suppliers.
- Associate Engineers must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes.
- Learning will focus on methods, processes and systems applied to engineering functions, key engineering skills, practical application of theory, communications and building a knowledge of Caterpillar’s products, suppliers and customers.
Key skills and Knowledge requirement:
- Ability to work independently on 3D/2D Design software & PLM software.
- Application of GD&T and tolerance stack up.
- Good Understanding of foundational areas of Mechanical Design.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skill.
- Must be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have working knowledge of Creo, Creo Simulate & Teamcenter.
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following- Structural components like Base-frame, Enclosure, Exhaust system etc.
- Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree with 1.5 – 3 years of relevant experience.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as customers and suppliers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .