Baker Hughes is Hiring | Mechanical Engineer |
Position – Mechanical Engineer – Gas Turbine Auxiliary Systems
Company – Baker Hughes
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
Mechanical Engineer – Gas Turbine Auxiliary Systems
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Would you like to be part of our Turbomachinery Process Solutions Product Line?
Join our Turbomachinery Product Line!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
As a Mechanical Engineer – Gas Turbine Auxiliary Systems, you will be responsible to lead all aspects of requisition engineering associated with Gas turbine auxiliaries in Mechanical scope of responsibility, which includes Heavy duty & Aero derivative gas turbines including the new generation LT series GT and coordination with adjacent design teams. Prime accountability will be in Quality, On-time delivery, cost & engineering productivity..
As an Engineer – Mechanical Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Going through customer specifications in detail, understanding critical project requirements and deriving all necessary requirements for design of various Mechanical Auxiliaries according to BH best practices that includes Acoustic enclosure, Lube oil console, Ait Filter House, Ventilation & Support structures, Exhaust systems, Piping & valves
- Performing Structural analysis of baseplates using FEA tools [BDOT – BH Tool / Ansys] and support structures using STAAD PRO software.
- Collaborating with external engineering suppliers in creation of basic engineering drawings and 3D models.
- Being responsible for calculation of foundation loads for the structures and baseplates. Also, for Creation of Piping line specification using PUMA (BH Tool)
- Performing Ventilation flow pressure drop calculation for Ventilation Fan sizing and to optimize ventilation system layouts
- Designing / sizing of lube oil tank and selection of Lube oil system components like pumps, motors, filters, accumulators, rundown tanks and pressure control valves.
- Performing lifting analysis using BDOT (BH Tool), and create design specifications for the procurement of lifting devices used for lifting the whole Gas Turbine / Centrifugal compressor package
- Being responsible for the design of various external BOP skids that include Oil mist eliminators, Fuel gas valve skids & scrubbers, Liquid fuel, Atomizing & Purge air skids, Seal gas treatment skids, Oil clarifiers etc in collaboration with external OEM vendors. The responsibility will include first piece qualification (FPQ), exploring local supplier base where required.
- Owning the plant 3D model of the whole project, verify interface across different products that constitute the project, drive 3D model review meetings with customer.
- Performing / reviewing stress analysis of piping & supports, where required.
- Addressing Material supplier queries/clarifications during Technical alignment phase, reviewing price matrix and working together with Sourcing team to ensure timely placement of Purchase order
- Working with Material suppliers after Purchase order to enable final delivery of items within stipulated deadlines.
- Participating in various design reviews and taking appropriate actions to ensure smooth progress of project.
- Collaborating positively with all stakeholders such as Customers , adjacent Auxiliary engineering disciplines to ensure timely transfer of inputs and information.
- Leading Standardization of existing designs & Proposing and implementing innovative solutions during project execution to help project achieve positive cost productivity.
- Embracing Digital culture and supporting the creation of engineering tools to achieve positive productivity.
Fuel your passion, To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelors / Masters Degree from an accredited university or College in Mechanical/Structural Engineering with 3-9 years of experience in rotating machinery design
- Experienced candidates will be preferred for this role, but we are open to discuss with less experienced and passionate candidates.
- Have willingness to get trained on the domain with utmost focus and commitment.
- Technical background on Turbomachinery auxiliaries (preferred)
- Quality control system awareness and familiarity with the main API/ASME test/process and TR&S requirements
- Have ability to connect with experts across multiple domains globally to arrive at solutions in a quick turn-around of time
- Hands on 3D modelling/Detailing tools like UG NX, AutoCAD, and Analysis software like Flow Master, Ansys etc (preferred)
- Product lifecycle management tools exposure (Siemens Teamcenter, etc.) on Document management, change management, Bill of materials and classifications. (preferred)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 5 days a week) in current pandemic post-pandemic requires approval
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us:Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.