Position – Mechanical Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in energy and transportation, construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
World Leading Solutions
As the world continues to develop and technology progresses, there has never been a greater demand for reliable electric power.
Caterpillar is a world leader is fulfilling this need. From our centre of excellence in Larne, we design and produce world leading solutions tailored to individual customer needs. Datacentres that power eCommerce and social media, hospitals caring for the sick, prestige office and commercial developments, all need the confidence that reliable power is guaranteed.
Caterpillar products are trusted the world over to provide this guarantee. Caterpillar are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer with the ability to take a lead role in design activities.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer with Caterpillar you will have opportunities to:
- Design power systems for substantial data centre projects.
- Engage with high profile web services customers
- Maintain and design standby power services for life critical functions
- Lead your own projects utilising your technical expertise
- Mentor junior engineers
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will have sufficient experience to take mechanical responsibility for most special projects with clear and specific objectives and some degree of problem solving. This involves adaption to previous designs, to meet customer specifications.
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will have responsibility for:
• Provision of valid designs of selected projects backed up by technical drawings, instructions and B.O.M.’s to enable the manufacture and assembly of specialist genset applications.
• Application of fluid flow dynamics for specialist ventilation, fuel and exhaust requirements for selected projects.
• Design of specialist acoustic containers and canopy based enclosures.
• Application of vibration and isolation techniques.
- Specification and requisition of fabrication materials, components and instrumentation.
- The recording and control of documentation issued for manufacture.
- Provision of technical support to fabrication bay/production.
- Interpretation of building services/architects/civil engineers/consultant drawings.
- To complete and maintain necessary design documentation.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of key suppliers and the materials they provide to Solutions Engineering NI.
- Assist with product testing and/or evaluation when appropriate.
- Represent the department in internal and external meetings.
- Remain current in technology developments and industry standards.
- A University Degree in an engineering discipline plus relevant job experience, OR those with less qualifications and more relevant job experience in a technical role may be considered.
- Experience of mechanical design and ability to interpret engineering drawings- sound technical background and a good knowledge of current engineering drawing practice (BS8888).
- Experience in the use of AutoCad and CREO II drawing packages or similar.
- Knowledge of noise, vibration, welding, fuel transfer, heat transfer, material science, structural or other specialist systems.
- Have, or be working towards chartered engineer status with I.Mech.E or equivalent with relevant engineering institute.
- Experience in the design of generator packages, systems and sub-systems for data centre market sector.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .