Hubbell Incorporated is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer I
Company – Hubbell Incorporated
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY Technology and Global Business Services Private Limited (HUBBELL INDIA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hubbell Inc. Hubbell India provides Engineering Services, Business Solutions and IT Services. Hubbell Engineering located in Ascendas, ITPL,Chennai, is engaged in the business of computer aided design and engineering services. The Hubbell Business Solutions functions at Infopark Kochi, provide superior business intelligence, knowledge services and business process solutions across Hubbell divisions and Corporate. IT Services team is spread across Chennai and Kochi.
Hubbell Electrical Products LLP located in Chennai is poised to assist with part and product manufacturing for all Hubbell Business units
Burndy Technology & Global Business Services Pvt Ltd
Unit No.4 B, 1st Floor, Zenith (Phase 3)
International Tech Park ,CSIR Road
Taramani, Chennai ,Tamil Nadu -600113
Duties and Responsibilities
- Need to perform electromechanical calculations for product design. (Heat ventilations, switch – open & close mechanisms)
- Need to design the product as per IEEE & NEMA standards.
- Need to create Drawings based on ASME Y14.5M – 2009 standards.
- Proficiency in Solid works software modeling, Assembly configurations, drafting, routing & electrical Harness.
- Need to understand top-down approach principles. Create parts & assembly using skeleton model.
- Projects are executed within agreed schedules
EducationBachelors Degree in Mechanical EngineeringSkills and ExperienceMandatory
- Min. 3 to 5 years Design & Development.
- Hands on experience in the field of sheet metal design & development.
- Basic Knowledge in ISO, IEEE and ANSI standards
- Good knowledge in GD&T
- Should have knowledge in EC/ECO process
- Good knowledge in 3D modeling and assembly using Solidworks and/or Autodesk Inventor
- Good Communication Skills
- Experience in manufacturing industry is an added advantage.
- Experience in electrical panels/ electromechanical panel design is an added advantage
- Mandatory Knowledge in SolidWorks, AutoCAD software
- Desirable Autodesk Inventor, Unigraphics software is added advantage.
- Knowledge in SAP is an added advantage
- Knowledge in PLM/PDM
- Geometrical dimensioning & tolerancing, Tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Awareness DFMEA, DFMA, VA/VE Methodology
- Relevant Industries