Position – Manufacturing Engineer – Engine Assembly
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Aurangabad, Maharashtra, IN
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implement process/tool/equipment modifications to support Engineering Changes and Process Change requests at Engine Assembly shop
- Create/update manufacturing process documents – PFD, PFMEA, Safety FMEA, Control Plan, Standard Work and Standard Operating Procedures
- Configure and update Standard Work and Torque tools in Manufacturing Execution Support system (PINpoint)
- Create/update process routing, component allocation in SAP (CBS)
- Conduct process audits at engine assembly stations, identify opportunities for improvements and plan to implement within stipulated time.
- Capabilities in integration of MES, Industry 4.0, low-cost automation.
- Experience in paint shop will be an added advantage.
- Support New Product Introduction programs through procurement of process tools and equipment
- Focus on mistake proofing, safety, and ergonomic improvement projects.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3 to 8 years of experience is required. Minimum 3 years of experience in diesel engine test is required. Flexibility to work in 1st / 2nd/ 3rd shifts. Soft skills requirement: Candidate must be good in communication skills and should be team playerRelocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.