Position – Manufacturing Engineer-1
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Career Area: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc.
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team that cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer 1
Global Service Area: MT&S Assembly Engineering
To provide support in below specific areas of the manufacturing process to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective manufacture of product.
- To conduct Virtual Design Review and Audit and Virtual Build for NPI/ Models of products like Energy Storage systems / Battery / Chargers / Locomotives / Motors.
- To Collaborate with the Engineering and manufacturing team for Design validation and assembly planning activities.
- Creation of Build books, SWES creation, Torque analysis, Time study, and Line balancing.
- Create a Manufacturing bill of material for new products utilizing the component assembly sequence from the MBOM of similar existing products and suggest process changes based on product configuration.
- Understand the Plant Layout and assembly Process Sequence and Standard works.
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process.
- Ensure new product and process implementations meet relevant standards, policies, and practices for safety, ergonomics, quality, and compliance.
- Manage the completion of work assignments and coordinate work with others. Quickly and correctly identify problems, and resolve issues to achieve targeted results. Prepare and present regular communication updates to appropriate stakeholder groups.
- Assembly Shop Floor Experience/process knowledge of Energy Storage Systems / Batteries / Chargers / Locomotives / Motors.
- Knowledge of Assembly tools selection and application
- Assembly Process Planning Best Practices -Hands-on Knowledge
- Expert knowledge in Manufacturing bill of material and Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Team Centre Engg, Creo, Vis Mock-up, HVC, and CAT engineering data systems.
- Awareness of NPI/ CPI processes
- Product Knowledge – Energy Storage Systems / Batteries / Chargers / Locomotives / Motors.
- A college degree in an appropriate engineering or technical discipline (e.g., Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering).
- Total of 3-5 years of appropriate manufacturing experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing role (e.g., Manufacturing Engineer or equivalent). Requires analytical ability as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude with the ability to develop product concepts.
- Requires strong leadership ability and good communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing practices.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.