Position – Design Engineer – B
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Career Area: Engineering
Review design layouts/3D models that graphically show how the product is to function
- Check assembly drawings and piece part drawings that further break down the consist of the product definition
- Collaborate with design engineering team
- Ensure Engineering notices and filled out properly and that they convey all necessary information
- Confer with design personnel to answer the questions pertaining to engineering practices and standards
- Provide counsel and advice to design control personnel on potential problems during design review phase
- Check redesigns cause by field problems
- Keep abreast of changes that are made to Corporate Product and Process Standards.
Some of the other responsibility that includes collaboration with Global Engineers, and coaching and mentoring of other checking engineers on engineering practices and standards. Developing standard work instructions and deploying and updating the best practice process documents & templates for complex drawings. Also, this position requires counsel and advice to design control engineers on potential problems due to the form, fit and functional errors during the Product design phase.
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Mechanical Engineering curriculum
- 3 to 5 years Engineering experience
- Familiarity with Creo 4.0 detailing/modeling practices
- Working Knowledge on Teamcenter and related processes.
- Background in drafting and technology
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and assembly operations
- Good Problem Solving Skills, Technical Know-how ability, Accountability
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Preferably ASME Y14.5-2009 Certified GD&T Professional
- Through knowledge of Corporate Product and Process Standards/Specifications
- Strong competency in Sheet metal design / Casting Design and manufacturing processes.
- Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.
About the Company
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.