Position – Component Design Engineer – Seals & Rubber Mounts
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Conceives and provides practical product design applications using complex technical principles. The emphasis of this position is on creating concepts and directing the design and development of complex engineering projects.
- Design reuse updates/data management
- Reducing rubber mount test data
- Develops Drawings for lab test fixtures
- Supplier communication related to print updates, missing data, etc.
- Manage detailing/checking/releasing process for print updates
Management of advisor tools
- Next phase -> tie into design reuse
Application support projects
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering Program (Mechanical or Chemical preferred)
- 2+ years of previous Caterpillar experience and overall 9+ years of engineering Experience
- The high degree of familiarity with Caterpillar engineering systems, processes, and standards (EDS, Teamcenter, PRWB, design reuse, CREO, etc)
Top candidates will also have
- Previous experience in one of the following areas: Engines or drivetrain
- Previous experience working in an L1/L2 component group
- Experience working with non-metallic components such as seals, grommets, and rubber mounts
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with US team and internal partners
- Experience working with external suppliers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.