Position – Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)
Company – Atkins
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunities employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability
- Draft technical Reports and contractual documents of acceptable technical and presentational quality with minimum guidance.
- Apply new ideas/digital idea to improve solutions and processes to improve efficiency.
- Receive on the job technical training through performing tasks with minimum supervision.
- Good knowledge of work procedures and ensure work adheres to procedures.
- Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
- Able to work as reliable and pro-active member of the team, able to apply knowledge gained.
- Able to work on several projects, and to communicate clearly with a range of people, including making presentations. Flexible and enthusiastic; team player.
- Conversant with MS Office tools.
- Experience of working on UK, ME and other region projects.
- A sound understanding of mechanical engineering principles and their application in Water, Wastewater treatment plant processes and pumping stations.
- Experience in the production of design documentations including optioneering reports and specifications.
- Experience in producing design calculations of mechanical equipment for Water and Wastewater treatment plants.
- Familiar with working to design national and international codes and industry standards appropriate for Water and Wastewater industry.
- Ability to produce hydraulic calculations for mechanical equipment, equipment datasheets/specifications and schedules.
- He/she should be also well versed with piping material used in water/wastewater treatment process.
- Pipe sizing calculations, pump sizing calculations, wet well/reservoir sizing calculations.
- General Arrangement drawings for piping and mechanical equipment. Isometric drawings. P&IDs, PFDs etc.
- Software- AutoCAD working knowledge is essential and AutoCAD Plant 3D, Revit 3D would be an added advantage. Should have working knowledge of 3D Models etc.
Personal and People Accountabilities:
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Should be a flexible and positive attitude.
- Writing professional reports under supervision.
- Identifies and communicates concerns to immediate Supervisor.
- Discusses career goals and aspirations.
- Able to draft responses to straightforward queries.
- Knowledge of any programming language (VBA, Python, etc) would be added advantage.
- Acts in the best interest of the team always.
- Being able to adjust to changing priorities
- Willingness to share information and knowledge with team members
- Willing to participate and contribute to company social activities
- Displays appropriate levels of assertiveness.
About The Company
Innovating with integrity together
At SNC-Lavalin – and its Atkins, Acuity, and Faithful+Gould businesses – our people have created a work environment that is energized and rewarding. We share a supportive, curious, and open culture that is directly related to our vision and values. You’ll be joining a future-focused organization where every member is driven by:
To be the premier engineering solutions partner, delivering complex projects from vision to reality for a sustainable lifespan.
A commitment that offers you countless opportunities to work in positive ways today to shape the future.
End to end solutions
Gain experience across projects’ lifecycles, working alongside some of the industry’s top experts. We’ve been delivering projects for over 100 years, so everything you do will be supported by a vast pool of expertise. It will enable you to provide clients with bigger insights, make better-informed decisions, and fill your career with more achievements.
Opportunities at SNC-Lavalin range from financing and consulting, to design, engineering, operations, and maintenance in:
- Cities & development
- Clean power
- Environment & geoscience
- Industrial & manufacturing
- Minerals & metallurgy
- Oil & gas
- Security, aerospace & defense
We connect people, technology, and data
We’re driven to find new and better ways of doing things, and to make life safer, more connected, and sustainable for communities everywhere. Bringing together our experts, powerful technologies, and data insights is what makes this possible. We’re using emerging technologies, such as the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Twinning, as well as simulation and optimization tools for innovative data applications. So you’ll be joining a business with the vision and capabilities to help you progress to an amazing, successful career.