Position – Mechanical Engineer – Fittings and Integration
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signaling, and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Purpose of the Job
- Managing CADs, activities, and deliverables on an area in one Mechanical Domain on the project in compliance with QCD commitments.
- Applying applicable Mechanical Domain instructions, processes & tools.
- Hierarchical Reporting: (Site) Mechanical Domain Leader (MDL)
- Functional Reporting: Mechanical Lead Engineer (MLE)
Network & Links
- Engineering: Design team (other MEs, DLEs,), TSS, Validation team, Costing Team…
- Project: Train Design Engineer (TDE), Industrial Lead Engineer (ILE), Project Sourcing Manager (PrSM), Project Planning Manager (PrPM), ILS Manager
- Site: Sourcing Department (Buyers), Indus Department, Manufacturing, Quality Department, etc…
- Participating Units & CoE: Mechanical Lead Engineers (MLE) counterparts on the corresponding project(s)/program(s)
- External Interface : Customers, Suppliers, Subcontractors
- Closure of open points or escalation: 10 days maximum
- Compliance to Engineering Work Package (variation orders excluded): 100%
- Quality of his delivery (included sub-contractor delivery): 1st time quality rate > 90% (quality rate = modification validated OK / number of modification applied)
- Respect of the delivery planning (included sub-contractor delivery) = 100% on-time delivery
- Application-level of standard PPL = 100%
- Configuration management of his deliverables = 100% of deliverables properly managed into the configuration database
- Respect of Cost allocation.
Accountable for :
- Is accountable for the Delivery of Mechanical Engineering outputs, in compliance with the Engineering QCD commitments.
- Deploys and applies on-project Train Design development procedures.
- Monitors, controls, and consolidates his work package.
- Organizes and leads his work package reviews for the project he/she is in charge of,
- Manages Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan.
- Reports his targets to Train Design Engineer (QCD consolidation and risks).weight, location 3PL, etc.).
Contributor for :
- Contributes to the train physical architecture in his geographic area taking into account in particular weight, gauge, train layout, fittings, acoustics, eco-design, ergonomics, aerodynamics, and aeraulics.
- Supports Train Design Engineer in establishing Certification & Validation Plans.
- Organizes support activities for System Design and System Tests.
- Organizes Design / Verification reviews and provides the associated reports.
- Manages Technical Solution, Gaps on application part and Product part in accordance with his Metier.
- Defines and monitors the conformity of Mechanical Sub-Systems deliveries and other providers with project needs.
- Supports industrialization and production teams during manufacturing ramp-up.
Knowledge & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 2 to 3 years of experience with total experience more than 5 years
- Good communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer).
- Time management and reporting skills.
- Structured and organized with Hands-on-approach.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential while valuing and respecting them as individuals.