Position – Gas Turbine – Ancillary Engineer
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for Design\ Detailing a Base frame, Enclosure and Panels for Gas Turbine \ Genset application.
- Develop Concepts based on customers requirement.
- Perform DFMEA
- Understand and support design standards, by reviewing and documenting standard procedures
- Lead, conduct and coordinate effective design review meetings
- Interpret and apply GD&T to drawings
- Work With global suppliers for cost reduction incentives.
- Supports New Product and Maintenance Projects
- Resolves Field, Factory, Engineering issues for maintenance
- Appropriately prioritize and multi-tasks to complete projects
- Accountable individual who follows through and completes assigned tasks
- Job will require interfacing with various organizations at Solar Turbines utilizing excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 7 Years in Sheetmetal design for Design and Development activities.
- Proficiency in Creo or other modelling or simulation tools.
- Should have experience of design in Enclosure/ Base Frame/ Panels /Cabinet
- Experience in FEA & problem-solving techniques.
- Knowledge on GD&T, Materials and Manufacturing process.
- Personal skills include ability to work well with others, team spirit, and flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines.Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in Windchill.
- Experience in resolving engineering issues with manufacturing / factory floor
- Knowledge of multiple Genset Packaging applications, design and operations.
As a Design Engineer at Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to perform design, development, and maintenance of new or existing products and components.