Position – Executive Purchasing – BOP
Company – Terex Corporation
Location – Tamil Nadu, IN
The Purchasing Executive will be responsible for mostly the domestic and import procurement activities of the Materials and services required for the Cranes Equipment produced in Hosur.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Vendor Development & Material Procurement related to Properitary, Catalogue and customized procurement of medium to long lead items.
- Ordering on established Suppliers & Expediting Supplies and ensuring timely Material Arrival
- Coordinating with Production Sourcing on new suppliers and delivery issues
- Interface with Service for Parts supports.
- Interface with Design, Manufacturing, Production, Quality and Finance
- Addressing & reconciling vendor payments
- Logistics Management for inbound movement.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree/Diploma or equivalent in mechanical Engineering, and able to demonstrate effective leadership, in both tactical & operational decision making
- Min 3 years of Industry experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of manufacturing process like machining, castings, fabrication, machining etc.
- Knowledge of Contract management, Taxation, Statutory requirement related to purchase.
- Knowledge of MRP, Min-Max & Kanban Planning.
- Good communication & rapport building skills.
- Trained & practiced Lean principles
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).