Position – Calibration Engineer – Gasoline / CNG – Chennai
Company – Bosch Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the top worldwide suppliers of technology and services, owns 100% of Bosch Global Software Technologies, which provides end-to-end engineering service & solutions. With more than 25,000 employees, it is Bosch’s largest software development facility outside of Germany, demonstrating that India is Bosch’s Technology Powerhouse with a presence throughout the globe in the US, Europe, and the Asia Pacific area.
At the customer’s location in Chennai, the gasoline/CNG engine and vehicle are calibrated to achieve the required emission and performance levels.
Calibration on the engine test bed and on vehicle
- Lambda, knock, mixture, base calibration, and emission calibration.
- Models of the air system and model-based charge control.
- Control of charge depending on data.
- control of the boost pressure.
- Emission, knock, and mixture control vehicle level calibration at geographic regions with high and low temperatures as well as at altitudes above sea level.
- support for the field resolution of air system calibration problems.
- supporting and resolving customer inquiries
- carrying out calibration tasks under dyno and actual driving circumstances
- taking part in customer conversations and regularly reporting the status
- Review of calibration by calibration functional specialists
- analysis of field data and production of reports
- regular updates to the internal team and customers on the status of the calibration work
- Updated calibration information and status in ICDM and VCDM
Engineering or Master’s Degree from a reputed university. Preferably from Automotive or Mechanical or equivalent subject with min.3 to 7 years of experience.
- excellent knowledge of gasoline and CNG engines
- basic knowledge of the calibration processes for OBD, after treatment, and emissions
- basic knowledge of the SW functions of engines and vehicles
- using instruments like INCA, MDA, and Uniplot
- Having the ability to operate independently and with initiative in time-constrained circumstances.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- an openness to moving or long-distance travel for calibrating purposes.
- Quick to grasp technical relationships and effects.
- excellent teamwork skills.
- Good driving skills for vehicle calibration activities.
Experience from function development in Gasoline / CNG power train
Willingness to relocate