Bosch Group is Hiring | Asst manager / Senior Engineer – Product Development |
Position – Asst manager / Senior Engineer – Product development – ChiP
Company – Bosch Group
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
In India, Bosch is a leading supplier of technology and services in the areas of Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. Additionally, Bosch has in India the largest development center outside Germany, for end to end engineering and technology solutions. The Bosch Group operates in India through twelve companies. Bosch set-up its manufacturing operation in 1951, which has grown over the years to include 18 manufacturing sites, and seven development and application centers. Bosch Group in India employs over 31,000 associates and generated consolidated revenue of about ₨.21,450 crores* (2.66 billion euros) in 2018 of which ₨. 15,824 crores*(1.96 billion euros) from third party. The Group in India has close to 18,000 research and development associates.
In India, Bosch Limited is the flagship company of the Bosch Group. It earned revenue of over ₨. 12,460 crores (1.54 billion euros) in 2018. Additional information can be accessed at www.bosch.in.
- Engineering responsible member for transferring projects, localization projects, new development projects in terms of execution, extension, and brand-new products development.
- Design technical concepts and products for meeting required functionality, features and reliability of the products by staying legal and manufacturing limits together with other related BE engineering teams.
- Create and release mechanical design drawings, approve BOM (Bill of Material) and documents for all processes, assembly and testing.
- Responsible for tolerance analysis for key dimension chains and Design FMEA for risk evaluation and development of backup solutions.
- Provide technical support for other internal functions, such as cost reduction, quality improvement and specified production line maintenance projects or topics when necessary.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or related majors.
- At least 3 years of working experience in engineering-related departments, more than 5 years is preferred.
- Technical expertise in product development for concept and design engineering, e.g. good knowledge in material and process, strength calculation & verification, failure analysis, and problem-solving.
- Familiar with Pro/E etc. design tools to create 2D/3D drawings, requirement engineering, FMEA, etc. knowledge.
- Having power tools or related industry experience is preferred.
- Passionate for engineering work, agile mindset, and good collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated, strong ownership, open mind, fast learning and team player.
- Good communication skills in English (reading, writing, speaking).