Position – Vehicle Integration Engineer
Company – Bombardier
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a
About the role:
Purpose of the job
The VPII Zone Leader has the overall technical responsibility and leadership over Product Family (PF) deliverables associated with the integration and installation of equipment in a VPII zone (Interior, Exterior or Cab). He/she follows a development process based on maximizing the re-use of standard build blocks whilst following global processes and standards. He/she is also responsible for achieving quality, time and cost objectives by adhering to project schedule and milestones, meeting budgeted hours, meeting acceptance criteria associated with each deliverable and achieving design to cost objectives while obtain inputs from other functions such as architecture, system engineering, quality assurance, industrialization & methods and procurement.
- Responsible for the release of VPII deliverables that meet quality (acceptance criteria associated with each deliverable), time (harmonized schedule, project milestones), and cost (budgeted engineering hours, design to cost) objectives. Regularly reports progress and roadblocks to VPII Team Leader, PF Head of sub-function and PDMs.
- 50 %
- Manages the outsourcing of specific engineering deliverables via Work Packages to off-site engineering resources in order to meet BCC targets.
- 25 %
- Holds internal & external design reviews with a focus on concept, functionality, maintainability, industrialization, standardization, re-use of standard building blocks, design to cost and compliance with processes and requirements.
- 10 %
- Assures compliance with global processes such as Design Gate Reviews, Gap & Flush, Change Management, Requirement Management.
- 5 %
- Efficiently communicates with other functions such as Architecture, carbody and bogie Engineering, Procurement, Quality, Operations, etc.
- 5 %
- Prepares technical documents to support reviews with internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
- 5 %
- Qualifications & Functional Knowledge
- Education – You preferably have a University degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent
Relevant experience required
- 10 years of experience in integration design, min 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
- Leadership Skills to influence other teams, achieving project milestones and interfacing with different departments