Position – Supplier Quality Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology, in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Regional Procurement ASP, SQD, Nacelles & Hub
This position represents the SQ&D department in the ASP region, coordinates SQ&D activities and ensures that the SQ&D strategies are executed with highest focus on quality, safety and environment, and without compromising agreed processes and lowest total cost of ownership. The key task is the operational development of key suppliers in the ASP region by performing site audits, supplier assessments and leading improvement tasks to enforce high supplier performance, zero safety incidents and reduce the cost of poor quality (COPQ) and number of non-conformities.
- Deploy the Vestas Quality, Safety and Environment Strategy towards external suppliers
- Organise supplier quality, capability and performance topics on behalf and in compliance with the Category Team manager
- Secure agreement with regional QHSE Teams for completion of supplier assessments improvement activities
- Coordinate QSE activities in cases of non-quality performance and incidents with suppliers in line with Vestas requirements
- Supervise and conduct supplier development projects and supplier local initiatives
- Travel expected to be approximately 30% per year.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience gained on a similar position
- Supplier negotiation experience and contract/project management
- Knowledge how to conduct Safety Walks and motivate suppliers’ performance on Safety
- Previous experience and knowledge of WTG installation or construction sites is an added advantage, but not a must
- Background from the field of Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Competency in software, spreadsheets and database management
- Hand on Experience on Sheet metal, Welding process, Propriety Items, fasteners manufacturing process,
- Motivated and very good communication skills
- Able to encourage innovation and coordinate multiple stakeholders and suppliers
- Fluence in English is needed
- Certified auditor in one of the following standards ISO 9001/14001/ or OHSAS 18001 or QHSE and VDA 6.3 or equivalent
- Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent will be an added advantage
What We Offer
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and to work in a multicultural and international company, where you have the possibility to challenge your skills and develop professionally.
Build, lead and drive the safety & quality strategy and make the difference with the support of senior management.
Your primary workplace will be at Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st January’2021.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.